Sunday, September 23, 2012

Rain, Rain

Today is the seventh day in a row of cold, wet and windy.  Seven days of raincoat adventures.  On the bright side, we have had a few moments of sunshine in between to cast a couple rainbows.

Color Report
Yesterday I drove from Hancock to da Harbor in the morning.  Why do you care?  Because the leaves are turning beautiful colors south of here!  I saw some gorgeous purple and red maples.  Ooh, those are my fave.  Some nice yellow ones too.  I would say the southern part of the peninsula is at about 40% color right now.

But up here it looks pretty much the same as the last color report I gave.  I guess the trees needed some rain!  The cool weather could have hurried them along, but not yet.  No.  Not yet.  We are at about 10% color.  I have a feeling it's going to be a quick change after this, though.  I'll keep you posted.

Otherwise, all is well in da Harbor... at least from my little slice!

No comments:

Post a Comment