Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fall is in the Air

I opened my back door this morning to check the temperature (mostly to see how many layers I have to wear), and do you know what I smelled?  Fall!  That crisp, cool scent of fall.  So refreshing.

Color Report
When I walk or bike along the trails, I look on path and see golden maple leaves, crimson maple leaves and brown oak leaves.  Just above the ground, the thimbleberry leaves are yellow, the bilberry bushes are spotty with purple and red and the ferns are brown.  Then I look up to the trees, and the leaves are still green.  Green.

Even up on Brockway Mountain the other day, I would say only 5% of the leaves are not green.  It's going to be longer than I thought!

All is well.  I have a book signing at the Laughing Loon tomorrow from noon to 2pm.  Come get your book signed!  Oh wait.  You are such a loyal reader that you already have a signed copy.  Well, then.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment