Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Skate on the Harbor

I just got in from my first ever skate on the Harbor. Ice skate, that is. This morning (while I was in da big town) Aaron went out all the way to the lighthouse and told me the ice was a perfect rink.

This afternoon we went out to give it a try. Well, the afternoon sun and 40 degree temps turned the rink a little soft and slushy. But I didn't care. I was going to skate on the Harbor! So I did.

The ice was a little slow, but the day was so glorious, and a hard-earned sweat felt marvelous.

Above is a view of the crisp, clear ice -- the kind most people think thrice about stepping foot on. You can see right through it! Duce, Allan and Aaron are the creatures in the background. In the valley in the center of the picture stands East Bluff.

Just for fun, here's an action shot of Aaron and Duce on the ice. I tried to get that brut of a dog to drag me around on my skates, but he was having none of it. I'll have to get a harness!

Of course, I had to travel further West toward the center of the Harbor. Here is my perspective from way out there facing East. See my skate tracks through the slush?

I hope to get out again, if conditions permit. I forgot how fun skating was!

No comments:

Post a Comment