Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What's Popping Up?

We survived the first "big" weekend of the summer season.  Nothing too crazy, but lots of fun.  I even got to hang out with my mountain biker buddies for the Ride the Keweenaw.  Woo hoo!

Yesterday I noticed some of my little petaled friends popping out of the brown leaves.  Here are some shots of the wildflower progression taken around my house  (because I am a wildflower geek!).  As always, nothing spectacular, just informational.  Also, if you are looking for flowers, not all of them have blossomed yet -- just leafing out.

Serviceberry tree

Thimbleberry leaves

The red stem is a wild rose

Fly honeysuckle blossoms

Forget-me-not just popped out!

My first daffodil (not wild) and a poppy (not real)

Time for the real treat.  Remember a couple weeks when I was looking for arbutus?  Well, I found some!  It was so special that I took a video for you.


And just for fun, here is a picture of me and Duce.  So far, it seems he is recovering nicely from his surgery.

Me and my sweet, handsome prince

And guess what else.  No blackflies yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment