Friday, October 28, 2011

Where did Everybody Go?

Okay, so I've longed for the days when the only people around are the locals -- my friends -- people who don't ask 100 questions about me and da Harbor.  Now that time is here, and it's so surreal.  I've seen two tourist couples in the last week (though the weather has been nice).  The residents' spirits are renewed.  I can tell.  Here is a picture of Main Street taken this morning.


Not much going on.  Not only is this our main drag, it's Highway 41, which runs through eight states and two time zones.  Ah, we have our town back.

One funny story (maybe more of a shocker to me) was that a couple days ago I set out on my bike to deliver thank you letters to some of the businesses, and over half of them weren't even open!  Either boarded up for the winter or closed on a mid-week day.  I shouldn't have been surprised, but that sure helped it soak in.

Well, back to work for me.  I've got lots of projects before next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment