Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pretty Little Oaks

Hey there!  I hope this day brings you pleasant thoughts and lofty goals.

I saw a few pretty oak leaves yesterday, and, though the lighting was much better then, I captured them digitally for you today.  My goal is to help you enjoy the color and variety of the oak leaves -- not win a photo contest.




Kinda nice, huh?

Color Update:
When I jogged back into Clyde's field this morning, I really couldn't tell it was fall.  Some of the leaves had fallen off, some birches were yellow, but some trees were still green!  Here on the north shore, much of the leaves have yet to change, but I have a feeling that process will be anticlimactic.  Some of them are just turning brown and falling off.  I believe the best is over.  If, for some reason, the trees prove me wrong, I'll let you know.

This week has been much slower with tourism.  This weekend, many places will shut down for the season.  Then we'll hardly have any tourists at all!  This is my favorite time of year... as long as it's not raining every day.  The weather has been un-Octobery, but quite pleasant.  I'm sure that will change soon.  Enjoy yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment