Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rain, Sweet Rain

I haven't yet expressed how dry the land has been the last few weeks, but we finally got some rain. It poured here twice yesterday. I laugh because it only seems to be able to rain hard for about five minutes before it decides to quit. I suppose that's okay. I watch how my yard becomes a puddle, then a pond in two minutes, and much longer than that would stick me right in the lake.

The trees really needed some moisture. The maples are already becoming their brilliant reds and pinks. With that said, I would imagine the rest will follow in not too long. If they bloomed early, I guess they should turn and fall early too. You know what that means... tourist season will be done early too. Why would anyone come up in October if all the beautiful leaves are on the ground?

But I suppose, if the weather is still mild, the hearty souls will come up for mountain biking, ATVing, hiking and plain peace and quiet. I'll let you know how that all pans out. Last year the leaves hung on two weeks longer, which is why it will throw us all off if they fall early this time around. Oh well. That's why we have to go with the flow!

The choke cherries are huge and juicy. However, I will let the birds get them (unless you put in a special request). The blackberries are about to peak as well. Then, as far as I know, most of the other berries are on their way out, if not done already. Whew. That leaves me more time for my other volunteer jobs.

Thanks for taking the time to read about my little slice of da Harbor. I really appreciate it! Tell all your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment