Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sun & Snow

Hello! Welcome to the new site. I hope you like it or can at least get used to it. I needed to make a change.

So while you're here, I'd like to share a little story about my walk into town from my house.

The world was covered with snow. The sun was shining through the trees. What a beautiful day! I was thankful to be a part of it, so I decided to walk to Copper Harbor and take care of some errands. I'm a pretty happy person in general, but man oh man, I couldn't help but smile with this day. 'Glorious' is the word I would use to describe it.

I know that there are not many days in winter when I can feel the radiance of the sunshine, so bask in it I did. My body was grateful for the vitamin D.

As I passed the stretch close to the lake, where I could see the water through the trees, I noticed a dark curtain in front of Porter's Island. I couldn't even see Porter's. Oh, boy, I thought. It could be snowing on me any minute. I knew the sun and I had to get all our personal time in as quickly as possible. I sang my sun songs to it and got a few eyes full.

I watched the clouds get closer and darker. Then, within seconds, the sky opened up and dropped all its chilly powder upon me. I waved goodbye to the sun and got to bask in the snow for the last hundred yards into town.

No comments:

Post a Comment