Thursday, December 17, 2009

Flat Calm

Today I got to walk a short walk. A short, but a lovely walk to the little North-facing beach off Horizon Rd. It's my favorite place to bask in Lake Superior's glory that's so close to my house. The lake was sooo peaceful today. Not even a splash on the shore line -- just a gentle seiche.

It was so lovely. It's not often that I see the lake this quiet, especially in the winter. I had to stand at the shore for a few minutes and take it all in. Ahhh.

Tomorrow is opening day for Mt. Bohemia. That's awesome. Yes, awesome for everyone who gets to go. I will be teaching preschool. But that's okay. I will suck it up and shred some tracks the next available time. If you get to go, don't tell me how good it was. Or even that you went.

No comments:

Post a Comment