Friday, August 3, 2012

Picking the Nose

I am so grateful that all the berries don't come out at once.  Bils and blues are declining.  Thimbles are peaking (but I have enough of them...).  Chokecherries are huge this year, and I got a couple gallons for making wine this fall.  Whew.  All in due time.  I think the berry rush is pretty much over for me.  I can spend time doing dishes and sweeping up dog fur.  Oh wait, that's in October.

So here is a big Thank You to the great weather and Mother Earth for a wonderful berry season.  I am still picking some around my house for cereal and such.  It's not over, but it's been waaaaay better than last year.  Yee haw.

As for Brockway's nose, I found out that a Federal Highway Grant (I think that's what it's called) was obtained for this project.  The construction project involves a two tiered structure that allows for access to those in wheelchairs on the top level.  It's making this lookout more of a landmark and saving it from crumbling down the side of the cliff.  They are still working up there, and I can see more and more stone from town.

They are also working to rebuild some of the stone walls along the side of the road as part of the project.  Oh, it all makes sense now.  However, I apologize that I forgot some of the details.

Garden Brook Studio is opening up today.   You can find it up Manganese Road at the Garden Brook crossing.  Local artists are featured for their unique crafts and designs.  The grand opening is today from 4-8pm.  I'll be working, but I wish my friends the best!

It is August.  We just had a full moon.  I did sunrise yoga on the porch this morning.  Aaron comes home from a trail project in Duluth tomorrow.  Life is good.  No, life is wonderful.

Wow, I think I need a nap, but I will go to work instead.  I hope you can make some sense of my words.  Toodaloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment