Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Little Cloud

Whew.  Here is my break.  It's the slow week of the summer before the last Labor Day week hoo-rah.  And we can feel it.  Business owners and employees are grateful for this little cloud in the sky.  Just as an example, the Harbor Haus usually serves 200 - 270 dinners a night starting in July -- no matter what day of the week it is.  The last couple nights have averaged 130 dinners.  As the person who makes all the drinks for those eaters, I sure enjoy a little down time.

The temp is up to 80 today.  Quite a jump from our previous 60-70's.  Last week we had chilly days from high northwest winds.  Oh, it was so windy that the Isle Royale Queen IV had to shift her schedule around for taking people to and from Isle Royale.  They really pay attention to the wind and waves, those captains do.  Better safe than dead!  Lake Superior isn't generous with second chances. 

I am working on another article for the Copper UP fall edition.  But in the mean time, you can see what I wrote for them in their summer edition at this link.  I have two articles and one half page spread about my book!  How sweet of them.  Well, please enjoy since that is all I have for now.  Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment