Friday, June 1, 2012

Back to the Grind

Whew!  Today is my first day off since Saturday, opening day of the Harbor Haus.  But it is not really "off" since I am volunteering to man a booth for the Trails Club.  Welcome to summer!  At least I got my batch of thimble-raspberry wine started.  Yes!

Memorial Weekend was the busiest one this town can remember seeing.  That is great for all the businesses.  The Trails Club had their Ride the Keweenaw Event.  This brought up pro mountain bike riders, hundreds of other riders, press for the Keweenaw and the inauguration of the Copper Harbor Trails Club's Ride Center Status.  We are one of seven mountain bike destinations IN THE WORLD according to the International Mountain Bicycling Association.

Gosh, I don't think I even told you that yet.  Shame on me.  You could have been here for the chainsaw ribbon cutting!  Want to see it in action?  Check out this TV6 News Post.

During this week, the pace has slowed down a bit.  But here is another weekend with the Michigan Outdoor Writers Association in town (where I'm manning the booth).  It should be fun.  Maybe I'll even sell some books!

I hope you are doing well.  I just wanted to check in, but I have some interesting news and pictures on the way, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I saw in the paper that the Michigan Outdoor Writers were going to be up there and wondered if you would be attending. Hope you sell a pile of books.

    ReplyDelete