Monday, April 30, 2012

Parking Lot Shock

On Saturday my heart stood still.  My breathe became hasty and shallow.  My stomach knotted up.  My brain was paralyzed for a moment.  There were cars everywhere!  What is going on????  Why are all these people here???  It's only April!!!

And there I stood, watching all the cars pull in and out of the General Store -- some on the side of the road because the lot was full.  My body was in shock like it was July.

Breathe, Amanda, breathe.  I told myself.  It's okay.  You don't have to go to work and serve all these people.  It will all be over soon.  After a few deep breaths, I relaxed to my normal self (Ha!  "Normal self" is an oxymoron).

I was reminded later that it was the weekend that Michigan Tech and Finlandia University graduate.  Whew!  Just a bunch of college kids and their parents and families.  I'm doing much better now.

But that brings me to wonder: if  I feel like that for a few seconds just because the Gas Lite and the Mariner's parking lot are full,  HOW DO I SURVIVE THE SUMMER WHEN IT'S LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME???  

You might think I'm being dramatic.  You are entitled to you're own opinion.  But let me tell you, it's moments like today, when nobody is around, that I wholly appreciate the spring time.  I can do whatever I want in this beautiful land and be myself.  Be free.  Be in solitude.  Ahhh, I just can't get enough.  So if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the woods!

1 comment:

  1. Gromit was there,, and she brought three riders with her. :-)

    http://trailmuttreports.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete