Monday, April 16, 2012

What do April Snowflakes Bring?

This morning I woke up to a rainy day.  Oh, great.  Yesterday was rainy too.  But Mother Nature sure wouldn't want to bore me.  Here is what she left on my back porch by the evening.

Snowfall April 15, 2012

I can't complain, though.  Nobody wants to here it.  But I am going to have to man up and go for an adventure soon.  I already stayed in two days in a row (though yesterday was due to the residue from my bachelorette party).  I probably won't seek building a new snow fort, but there is fun to be had in the blowing snow -- I do it all winter!

It just seems a little odd that I was sweating in the car on my way up from Milwaukee on Saturday, and Monday is a blizzard.  Keeps life interesting, I suppose.

I may as well tell you why I went to Milwaukee this time.  Two girlfriends and I went to see Rodrigo y Gabriela at the Riverside Theater.  Have you heard of them?  They are amazing musicians.  Here is a video of them playing a song they played for us.


That was one of the best shows I have ever seen live.  I jingled my jingly skirt the whole time.  I was definitely in my element.  I hope to see them again next year, since Milwaukee gave them such a strong welcome and applause.  I hope you enjoyed too!

Well, I have the whole day free tomorrow, so hopefully it will bring a magical adventure!  It's all up to me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda, this is a great sounding duo which I've not heard of. If you like them you may also like one of my recent favorite acoustic duos. Check out the Montana Skies video below and some of their other utube songs. Very original and enthusiastic. BTW, do you have a date set yet for the big day? Congrats!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysn6EWcghDs&feature=relmfu

    ReplyDelete