Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Sunny Day After

Do I really need to tell you that we had another blizzard yesterday?  Do you really want to hear about 40 mph winds shooting snow sideways like daggers into my cheeks?  Do you really care that five minutes after I tromped through the drifts my boot prints were already covered up?  No!  You don't!  And I don't want to talk about it.

Here is what I want to talk about.  Today the sun is shining, and the ice encapsulations from yesterdays, ehem, storm are delightful.  These are some pictures I scored from in front of the Harbor Haus.

A view of The Gap and shore

The Crow's Nest behind the ice-laden shore

Porter's Island from the icy shore

I slid down this to get to the shore

The rocks with their ice shells

Well, that shore is a lot of ice!  

For some more good news, Copper Harbor won the $35,000 grant to build a sweet new trail!  Thanks to you if you voted for us!  And thanks to Bell Bike Helmets for awarding us this opportunity.  This trail project will commence once we can, you know, see the ground.

I apologize that that's about all I have for you right now.  Due to my back failing me again, I have been unable to go out for adventures and capture the moment.  Don't feed me sympathy; I just have to figure it out.  

On the bright side, I've had plenty of time to work on my next book!

Well, you have a wonderful day now, and I'll do the same!


2 comments:

  1. Those are very good pictures of the ice on the shore and the stones.

    Didn't know you were ailing with a back.. Get better whatever it takes to get it in shape.

    Denny n Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the big win super pumped for you guys now you have to get the 100 inches of snow out of there! Chicago weather isn't so great here either has been raining and flooding like crazy!
    Good luck on next book i will purchase that one also! Tell flying man to take it easy he has trails to build and snow to shovel.Super cool photos!
    Hope to see you guys when we come to ride
    Shane

    ReplyDelete