Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Moisture of Sorts

I've been sneaking around on you again.  I left Duluth last Tuesday in the pouring rain.  I didn't die.  Whew.  My knuckles were white for a while, though!

Back in da Harbor was more rain and chilliness.  So much rain, in fact, that Clyde's pond is back to a pond!  Water is rushing under the bridges.  Manganese and Fanny Hooe Creek are flowing.  It's a fall refresher, all right!

Then there's the snow.  Yes, it's been snowing on and off throughout the Keweenaw.  No accumulation here yet, but up the hill past the Mountain Lodge is another story, I hear.  They usually get more snow south of us anyway.  

Last weekend I went to Marquette for a friend's birthday.  Luckily, I didn't have to drive or navigate, thanks to the carpooling effect.  Guess I don't have too much to say about Marquette.  It's another city on a hill next to Lake Superior!  That's always nice.  However, the crazies were out dressed up in costumes.  Ah, yes.  It's Halloween.

Here are a couple pictures of the frost from Monday morning.

Everything was glistening white on top

The bearberry and oaks look fuzzy

Kinda cheesy, but I wanted to share.

As I look around and only see familiar faces, it is safe to say WE HAVE OUR TOWN BACK!  Other people have said it as well, so I know it's true.  Whew, another break to enjoy life.

So, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!  This is a big holiday for us.  People take pride in their costumes, the kids go trick-or-treating and we are celebrating with a big party.  If you are lucky, I will show you some pictures of the festivities, but, chances are, nobody will want the madness to travel any further.  That's the beauty of living at the end of the earth!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween Amanda! I'm glad to hear that you're back where you belong in da' Harbor. I agree that there's not a whole lot to say about Marquette except that it's right on the Great Lake, which is a definite big positive. I don't think your photos are cheesy at all. Frost is what it's all about this time of year so thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the photos from the CH Halloween parties. Please keep on reporting from the end of the earth! We look forward to you for our Keweenaw fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order to dispel any confusion about my Marquette comment, I think it is a fine town. But it is a city, and I just choose not to stay in them. That is all.

    ReplyDelete