Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snowboardshoe

Yesterday was the grand re-opening of Mt. Bohemia. They closed over the holiday week due to rain. But they are back in action, and the snow is pretty good. Actually, yesterday, it was pretty phenomenal. Even the front runs had knee deep powder on them early in the day. And back in the woods, it could be thigh high!

I only got stuck a couple times, and not for too long. I have learned from many mistakes over the years how to avoid having to cartwheel out of the powder. Man, that is a lot of work.

But the hill was packed with people. Looking at the chair lift from 11 am to 2 pm, each chair was full on the way up. I rode by myself most of the day while my skier friends looked for some pow in the back country. But then I found a snowboarder chic friend for the rest of the day. We had a great time until our brains and legs gave out. We made it the whole day!

So I'm pumped for another ski season at Mt. Bohemia. But when Mr. Butters needs to get some exercise, I'll stay home and take him out for a walk.

Like today! We went out to a couple north-facing beaches and watched the waves roll over the glossy rocks. Oh, that Lake Superior, she gets me every time. I was pumped to actually get to snowshoe out to the lighthouse. I got to break a sweat on a relatively flat walk. That's always a good thing -- then I get to eat more food!

The ice is back on this side of the Harbor. I don't know how long it will stay, but I'll give it a week before I test it for a crossing. Oh, I can't wait for that! But I will wait, so I don't die. You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment