Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Little Slice of da West

Two years ago, in this carefree month of October, I embarked on a journey out West to Colorado and Utah. Aaron, Sam and I brought our mountain bikes and rode thousands of feet of elevation in the mountain air. I remember the couple weeks before we left for this trip Copper Harbor was getting rained on almost everyday. We were glad to get away to a sunny state.

As I write, I listen to the rain splatter on the windows and the wind whip through the nooks of the house and trees. This is gray and wet day number 3 in a row. Without sight of a break in the clouds in the forecast.

It only seems fitting, then, that I am about to take another journey out West to escape the Keweenaw fall (though I love the fall here). There. I said it. I'm leaving da Harbor for a month and a half.

I apologize because you probably read this blog in hopes and clutch of what's happening up at the end of the peaceful earth. I can always make comparisons for you! But I will do my best to give you a little slice of da Wild West. That doesn't sound too bad, hey?

So from early next week until the middle of December, you will experience a little slice of South Dakota, Montana, Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Wyoming -- pretty much in that order.

I hope you don't mind a little change of scenery. Remind me to bring my camera... you know how I am.

With snowboard, mountain bike, notebooks, Duce and Aaron, I will experience another part of this land. And as always, it will make returning to da Harbor that much sweeter. My heart always misses Her Majesty Superior when I'm gone. I guess I'll see how the Pacific Ocean compares, but I can't lie that I'm a little biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment