Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October!!!

Holy Buckets! If you have been voting for the ambulance barn in Copper Harbor, bless your heart!!! We are now at the number 2, yes 2 spot. We are starting there in October, so please keep voting here every day to keep us there or move us to number 1. Then you won't have to vote again. Until we come up with another crazy idea!

And so this is October. The month I look forward to all summer long. Oh, sweet crisp air. Oh, colorful leaves. Oh, only 16 days left of my six-nights-a-week job. Thank you, October. Thank you for coming.

In this month of October, a couple friends and I will be walking the Keweenaw Path for the Barbara Kettle Gundloch women's shelter once again. If you were with me last Spring, you may recall that three Copper Harbor residents and I walked this walk -- 37 miles from Calumet -- in May of 2009. We are doing it again October 13th. Only this time, we will be in the dark for the beginning and the end.

We will depart from Calumet at 7:00 am and arrive in da Harbor by foot, of course, around 9:00 pm. We will have a gathering thereafter at the Community Center. You are welcome to bring a dish to pass and rub our swollen feet!

Since you know how my schedule has been lately, it goes without saying that I do not have time to walk for miles to practice this journey. But, as my Brockway bike ride went, it will be more a journey of will power. Maybe with a little scotch mixed in with that last 5 miles of asphalt down hill. We'll see. I'll definitely let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment